The Catholic Church Chanthaburi
The Catholic Church on Chanthanimit Road on the river bank is the largest Catholic edifice in Thailand. Built in 1909, it is of Gothic architectural style. The original tall roof was taken down during World War II to make it less conspicuous as a possible target.
Taksin Maharat Memorial
Located in the public park near the town hall on Liap Noen Road, is the Taksin Maharat Memorial. The equestrian statue is guarded by statues of his four royal guards. The expression on the kings face clearly shows the resoluteness and determination to carry out the task of restoring the national independence. The large pond in the park serves as a popular recreation area and is stocked with a large variety of fish.
Khai Noen Wong
The ancient site of Khai Noen Wong, also at Tambon Bang Kacha, was established as the town in circa 1834 during the reign of King Rama III. The town was moved from Ban Lum to this location because of its high grounds which were more suitable for defensive purposes against the invading Vietnamese. The laterite walls and bricks from the old town were also dismantled and moved to the new site. A serve drought during the reign of King Rama V forced its return to the original site at Ban Lum.