A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Notice

Message: Use of undefined constant API_FEED - assumed 'API_FEED'

Filename: config/routes.php

Line Number: 251

A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Notice

Message: Use of undefined constant API_FEED - assumed 'API_FEED'

Filename: config/routes.php

Line Number: 251

A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Notice

Message: Use of undefined constant API_FEED - assumed 'API_FEED'

Filename: config/routes.php

Line Number: 251

The official website of Tourism Authority of Thailand
headline
Uttaradit
About Uttaradit

Uttaradit, which literally means “the Port of the North” has a long history of commercial importance. Today, the city is a naturally beautiful town and the province contains Queen Sirikit Dam, a 250 km² artificial lake, as well as the world's largest teak tree, which has stood for roughly 1500 years.

How to go
Air-conditioned busses and non air-conditioned busses depart from Bangkok’s Northern Bus Terminal (Mo Chit 2) to Uttaradit daily. Call 0 2936 2852-66 or visit www.transport.co.th for more information.
Trains depart from Hua Lumphong to Uttaradit every day. Contact the Bangkok Railway Station Tel. 1690, 0223 7010, 0 2223 7020 or visit www.railway.co.th for more information.
-
Recommended

Wat Phra Borom That Thung Yang

Wat Phra Borom That Thung Yang is about three kilometres from town on Highway No.102.

Wat Phra Borom That Thung Yang

Wat Tha Sung

Wat Tha Sung (another name is Wat Chantharam) is at Mu 2, Tambon Nam Sum. It is an old temple from the Ayutthaya period. It was formerly called “Wat Chan” which is the name of an abbot. Wat Chantharam later was abandoned until 1789 when the monk Luang Pho Yai came here. Villagers asked him to become the abbot of the temple and he renovated it. The first location of the temple was on the bank of Sakae Krang River. The artifact of the place is a pulpit built by Luang Pho Yai that is opposite the temple. More buildings were later added by the monk Phra Ratchaphrom Yan Nen (Luang Pho Ruesi Ling Dam). The new convocation hall is beautiful with an ornately decorated interior. The inner windows and doors have pictures of angels. His Majesty the King presided over a ceremony to officially open the building. Surronding the building is a traditional columned wall. Images of Luang Pho Pan and Luang Pho Yai 3 times the actual size is at the corner of the front wall. Furthermore, the new site has a wide area as well as many pavilions with accommodation for meditation. The main hall is open during 09.00-11.45 hrs. and 14.00-16.00 hrs. daily.

Wat Tha Sung
Tags