08.00 - 17.00Contact Details
“Luang” means “large” in northern dialect, and as the name suggests, Wat Chedi Luang temple is home to Chiang Mai’s largest Buddhist chedi built featuring 98 meters tall and 54 meters in diameter. The construction of the orginal chedi was completed in 1481 during the reign of King Mengrai. But the current Chedi Luang is an restoration according to the deconstruction of the chedi in 1545 due to an earthquake. The ordination hall located in the front is also an example of beautiful Lanna architecture with its serpents are probably one of the most remembered elements.
Opening hours: Daily 8.00 am - 5.00 pm